just thoughts

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Tres Marias

On my way just a few minutes ago, i rode a jeepney ('coz hell, there wasn't any cab! argh).

A few kilometers from my stop, I was left alone on my side of the jeep and on the other three women stayed.

The last of them to get up on the ride had a very hard time going up the estribo. So I, as the good-girl-helpful-at-all-times that i should be, i helped the woman get up. when she sat, she smiled at me. 

The woman on her right chuckled and said: "Mahirap tumanda ano?"
She then replied: "Oo nga eh"
Then the other woman on her left butt-in: "Ilang taon ka na ba?" 
She said: "60, putiin lng tlga buhok ko". "
"Ako nga 70 na eh"
"aba'y bata pa pla kayo, 80 nako"

Then I gave them a smile, both three laughed and I can't help but laugh myself. 

I loved it that I have been with complete strangers yet managed to have a good laugh.It seemed crazy that these women are having that 'contest' for age. Ironically, women kept on hiding their age, if not changing it to lower years (guilty as charged haha).

Funny it was, but I was taken aback and asked myself, "teka aabot pa kaya ko sa age na to?" Malay naten, one day, makipagyabangan din ako s age ko ;)

a STOLEN shot of Ms. 80 and Ms. 60 ; Ms. 70 reached her stop already :))
Yes, I am part stalker LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment